Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Baltimore, MD - The Glass Grill

One of the most interesting ideas for a restaurant that I've ever heard of is a restaurant attached to a glass blowing studio. I found out about "Date and Demo night" at the Glass Grill by looking through events on Baltimore's Citypaper.com, which seems like a pretty useful resource if you're thinking about going to Baltimore - we also found out about the Walters Museum's free First Friday event on Citypaper.

The Glass Grill is kind of a strange place upon first glance. The restaurant looks like a hole-in-the-wall, greasy spoon type of sports bar (and has a menu full of burgers to match), but then has beautiful glass pieces everywhere, not to mention a gorgeous chandelier. You have to go outside and across the yard to the glass blowing studio, where they give demonstrations and later in the night you can make your own pendant, flower or ornament if you want. And even if you don't make your own, the demonstrations are really interesting to watch.

In terms of food, I just got a traditional cheeseburger from the place, but I have to say it was one of the best cheeseburgers I think I've ever had. I was quite upset because I wasn't feeling well and couldn't finish much of the burger, despite how savory it tasted (note: it doesn't reheat well unfortunately, a lot of that flavor is lost). All in all, I would definitely recommend this place as a unique and worthwhile place to visit if you're traveling to Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment