Monday, September 14, 2009

Ft. Lauderdale - The Embassy Suites

If you can afford it, I have to recommend The Embassy Suites if you find yourself staying in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I've always been a fan of Embassy Suites hotels in general but this one is particularly gorgeous, with a beautiful garden court in the center of the building (where you can eat your continental breakfast and have free drinks from 5-7pm), a lovely heated swimming pool and hot tub with palm trees to shade you from the sun and a sort of pueblo-style architecture with warm colors and stucco. The one downside is that the hotel doesn't have free wi-fi (and I find it utterly riciculous that they want you to pay $10/day on top of what you're already paying for your room just for wireless internet). I spent a great deal of time by that pool though because of the lack of wireless, so perhaps it wasn't the end of the world (though I had hoped to get more work done while on my trip). And the pool was nice and empty because it was February and there was a "cold front" (ie it was only 67 degrees F, but that was way warmer than the -2 it was here in NYC and the sun kept me nice and warm).

No comments:

Post a Comment