Sunday, September 13, 2009

Louisville, KY - 4th Street Live

I was only in Louisville for one night, but I managed to have a blast at this little semi-outdoor, slightly cheesy but overall fun, mall complex called 4th Street Live. Located in Downtown Louisville, there are bars, restaurants, a comedy club, dance clubs, etc. First we hit up the comedy club and saw Ralphie May from Last Comic Standing. I have to say, it was interesting to me what people in KY find funny versus here in NY. They were definitely not so comfortable with some of the more politically incorrect humor. But it was still a hilarious show all around and I had a lot of fun. There is a 2 item (food OR drink) minimum (on top of the tickets, which were $25), which I find a tad bit ridiculous. But the margaritas were good, and overall I'd say it was worth it.

Next we went dancing at a club in the complex, the name of which I forget (those 2 Margaritas from the comedy club went straight to my head!). I have to say, the club wasn't really my scene. People in Louisville dress to impress at these clubs apparently, so I felt kind of out of place in my tank top and jeans while everyone else was wearing mini-skirts and tube tops with their hair all done up. Plus it was mostly top 40 rap, which I'm not a big fan of. But for those of you who like to get all tarted up and go dance on tables/poles to P Diddy, 4th Street Live seems to have at least a few options. And I didn't hate it. I just didn't love it. All in all, it was a fun night.

Oh, and one final note: if you happen to be in the military or be with a date who is in the military (seems to me as if most of Kentucky is involved with the military in one way or another), you can get free cover or discounted cover at a lot of these places. Just make sure you ask for their military discount!

No comments:

Post a Comment