Sunday, September 13, 2009

Louisville, KY - Buck's Restaurant

For dinner my one night in Louisville, we went to this very nice restaurant, Buck's. The atmosphere is great - they have a live piano player singing old classics and it's a very elegant looking restaurant. We got there earlier than our reservation so we sat at the bar for a little while. The bartender was nice and recommended different types of bourbon to my boyfriend (since we had just come from the Maker's Mark distillery, he had Bourbon on the brain). There are free Andes mints at the bar and by the door (not the cheap red and white candies that most restaurants have). The food was delicious - I had the Bourbon Pecan Chicken (stuffed with brie cheese, yummy!) and my boyfriend had the Breast of Duck Hoisin (though I'm still not sure what hoisin sauce is). For dessert we split whatever was the most chocolatey item on their menu (their dessert menu isn't listed on their website so I forget what it was called). It was all quite delicious and attractively served. The service was good, everyone was quite pleasant. They even called a cab for us to get to our next location (we didn't drive so that we could share a bottle of wine).

For some reason, most of the patrons of the restaurant seemed to be over 50 and I kept thinking that the young people in Louisville are clearly missing out, (so don't let that deter you if you're younger - I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 26 and we very much enjoyed it). I highly recommend this place and it was one of the highlights of my (very short) trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment